With over 60 years of courtroom and appellate experience, MMPLAW attorneys have litigated precedent-setting cases in New York and other jurisdictions and provided expertise on legal matters in the European Union. MMPLAW cases span a broad spectrum and are met with expertise and commitment to achieving justice.
At MMPLAW, our motto is “Justice Matters.”
Hello, if you are reading the MMP website, you must be in need of help. I know you are in a confused stressful situation. Do not be afraid. Lisa understands the criminal justice system can be very frustrating and confusing. Help is a free consultation away.
Lisa is an expert with over 35 years of criminal law experience.
As a former NYC Prosecutor, Lisa helped thousands of complaining witnesses with their cases.
She handled SEX CRIMES, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, CHILD ABUSE, SPECIAl VICTIMS, HOMICIDE, DRUG, GUN, LARCENY, DWI and many more types of cases.
Lisa took her experience Prosecuting cases and opened a well known criminal defense firm in Manhattan. Her motto has always been, “there is no case too big or small”. As her firm grew in Manhattan and her name became known for being a dedicated, available, caring, experienced Defense attorney, calls started coming in from the Hudson Valley.
Having a home in the Hudson Valley it was an organic transition for Lisa to open an office with Kris.
Lisa can help you with all your questions regarding criminal law. She is an experienced trial and appellate attorney and practices in both State and Federal Courts. Lisa works to try to get your Case dismissed and knows all the alternative to incarceration programs. Lisa knows that good people sometimes have the misfortune of getting arrested. She will protect your rights and make certain your voice is heard.
MMP Law Firm has payment plans and tries to accommodate your situation. Lisa is available 24/7 and will answers all calls herself . Please call Lisa for a free consultation. Experience counts. Help is a free consultation away
Some of the specific locations of her cases include:
- New York City Courts as well as all Courts in New York State
- United States District and Federal Courts
- Unites States Court of Appeals
- Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Putnam, Ulster and Dutchess Counties
- White Plains, Scarsdale, Newburgh, Poughkeepsie, New Paltz, Hudson Valley
Dr. Kris McDaniel-Miccio is a former assistant district attorney in Bronx County and the founding director of the Center for Battered Women’s Legal Services, Sanctuary for Families, NYC. A law professor at Albany Law School and the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, McDaniel-Miccio received her law degree from Antioch Law School and a Masters and a Doctoral degree from Columbia Law School, Columbia University. She litigated precedent-setting cases in family and criminal law in both trial and appellate courts and consulted on cases in the U.S. Supreme Court.
McDaniel-Miccio is an internationally recognized scholar, attorney, lecturer and policy analyst on legal issues which include violence against women and state accountability, human and civil rights, same-sex marriage and gender (in)equality. A Fulbright Scholar, her scholarship has been translated into myriad languages, cited by scholars, academics, and members of the bar and noted in federal court opinions.
The recipient of the Irish Law Society Award in Human Rights, Dr. McDaniel-Miccio will bring her passion for justice and her vast expertise in law to her clients in the Hudson Valley. Committed to client-centered legal representation, Kris will work to achieve justice for clients and their cases. Make an appointment with Kris McDaniel-Miccio today!
Her areas of expertise include:
- Family law — Custody, abuse and neglect, domestic violence, and criminal contempt for violation of an Order of Protection
- Criminal law — Appeal from conviction of sexual and physical abuse survivors for murder, attempted murder, manslaughter, or any misdemeanor/ felony assault, attempted assault, endangerment, aggravated harassment; appeal for any LGBTQ community member convicted of a misdemeanor or felony that was the result of a queer bashing; or appeal from any criminal conviction at the discretion of the law firm
- Domestic relations law — Custody orders and visitation orders
- Human rights and anti-discrimination — Appeals in cases where, at origin, the plaintiff raises race, sex, sexual orientation and/or sexual harassment against a public or private entity, including schools, colleges, universities, state and local government agencies, and non-government agencies.